The 2018 Spring Discourse was delivered by Dr. Marion Röwekamp from the Freie Universität, Berlin. Marking 100 years since the right to vote was extended to women, Dr. Röwekamp’s lecture was entitled Women’s Suffrage in Germany and the United Kingdom.
Dr. Röwekamp’s publications include:
- Lawyers. Encyclopedia on life and work, ed. German Lawyers’ Association, Nomos Verlag, Baden-Baden 2005.
- The first German lawyers: A history of their professionalization and emancipation 1900-1945 (Series Legal History and Gender Studies), Böhlau Verlag, Cologne, Weimar, Vienna 2011.
- Marie Munk. Attorney at Law – Judge – Law Reformer (Series Jewish Miniatures), Berlin: Hentrich & Hentrich,, 2014.
- A soldier’s home nurse on the eastern front. Correspondence from Annette Schücking with her family (1941-1943), ed. by Julia Paulus / Marion Röwekamp, Paderborn: Ferdinand Schöningh, 2015.
- Sara Kimble / Marion Röwekamp (ed.), New Perspectives on European Women’s Legal History (Studies in Gender and History series), New York / London: Routledge, 2016.